BE INVOLVEDHow You Can Make a Difference for Kentucky’s Students
Building a good life, strong communities, and a prosperous Kentucky requires one critical element: a quality education. We believe that making sure that each Kentucky child has an excellent education is everybody’s business.
Here are some ways that Kentuckians can help improve learning and educational success:
- Learn, and share, information about Kentucky’s education system, progress, and need to close achievement gaps with your family, neighbors, and community. Or invite us to speak to your group.
- Lead or participate in meaningful discussions about education that lead to action in your community. Ask how we can help.
- Volunteer to mentor or tutor in your community.
- Take on leadership roles to support schools in their efforts to serve all students. * Find out about student learning outcomes in local schools through the Kentucky School Report Card. Ask your local school board members or school leaders questions about the information.
- Hold schools accountable for delivering an excellent education for each and every student.
Parents, grandparents, and other caregivers
- Read. Read to, and with, children. Read books on your own. Talk with children about what they are reading. Learn about how to “grow your child’s learning muscles” through a growth mindset.
- Talk to your child’s teacher about Kentucky’s academic standards, and what your child is learning in each subject. Ask about resources aligned to the standards that you can use with your child at home.
- Ask about what your child needs to know and be able to do when they graduate from high school to be prepared for future education and training.
- Participate in trainings to learn how to make a difference for ALL students in your child’s school and beyond.
- Follow the Student Voice Team on Facebook and Twitter @pcstuvoiceteam.
- Consider becoming a member of the Student Voice Team by contacting director, Rachel Belin, at email@example.com.
- Share your thoughts about education issues by submitting an article to Voices from the Front: A Student Voice Forum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence is an independent, 501(c)(3) non-profit citizens’ organization that mobilizes Kentuckians to improve public schools. Your support helps us advocate for quality pre-kindergarten through post-secondary classrooms statewide.
Sign up to have the latest news about Kentucky education delivered to your inbox.
SPREAD THE WORD
Follow the Prichard Committee on social media and help advocate for excellence with equity for all students in Kentucky.
Security Trust Building
271 West Short Street, Suite 202
Lexington, KY 40507
For general questions or comments, e-mail: email@example.com