The Beverly Nickell Raimondo Leadership Award is designed to recognize the value of parent engagement in Kentucky by honoring an individual who has demonstrated exceptional leadership towards improving student achievement among Kentucky students in our public schools.
Follow the link below and complete the form on that page, along with submitting a letter of recommendation.
In your letter of recommendation of 500 words or less, explain why you wish to nominate this person for The Beverly Nickell Raimondo Leadership Award. Remember the focus is on demonstrated leadership toward improving student achievement among Kentucky students. Below are questions that should be addressed in the recommendation form:
- How are you acquainted with the nominee and why do you believe this person should receive The Beverly Nickell Raimondo Leadership Award?
- Has the individual completed the Commonwealth Institute for Parent Leadership (CIPL), the Governor’s Commonwealth Institute for Parent Leadership (GCIPL), or other activities designed to build the capacity of parents to have a positive effect on student achievement in Kentucky’s public schools? Please provide the date and location of parent/community engagement trainings.
- Provide examples of the individual’s demonstrated commitment to improving achievement for all students in their community or statewide.
- Provide examples of how the individual has provided encouragement and support for those in their community who are working to improve parental knowledge and student achievement.
- Provide examples of how the individual has championed student achievement in Kentucky’s public schools.